What’s New In Magento Version 2.4.5 – All You Need To Know
Magento Open Source 2.4.5. includes 20 security fixes and platform security improvements.
Below is the list of some security enhancements:
- Google reCAPTCHA support to Create New Account, Wish List Sharing, and Gift Card forms
- Enhance inventory template security
- Add the ACL resources to the inventory
- Upgrade MaliciousCode filter to use the HtmlPurifier library
The latest Magento 2.4.5 supports Composer 2.2, TinyMCE (5.10.2), jQueryUI (1.13.1) and PHPStan (1.5.7 with constraint).
The DHL Integration schema has been updated from v6.0 to v6.2.
And 20 composer dependencies are updated to the latest version.
The newest release focuses on creating a storefront experience on Venia (PWA) that is more understandable, perceivable, operable, and robust.
Below is the list of these enhancements:
- Search results summary information is now announced to screen reader users
- Screen readers are now informed when a new page view loads
- Contrast and keyboard accessibility have been improved
Magento 2.4.5 release also has new updates that are beneficial for SEO.
Google has updated the tracking and integration mechanisms of AdWords and Analytics in web applications through integration with GTag.
This extends opportunities to track and manage content through Google Services.
Below is the list of GraphQL performance enhancements:
- Fasten the developer and administrator experience in rebuilding the GraphQL schema
- Consume the expiration date/time of the authorization token with JSON Web Tokens (JWT) in the GraphQL API.
- Allow merchants to completely disable the creation of session cookies for all GraphQL operations.
- Session cookies are launched in GraphQL operations using class proxies only when needed
- Session usage has been removed from http header processors in GraphQL
Page Builder v.1.7.2 is compatible with Magento 2.4.5.
Below is the list of Page Builder column layout enhancements:
- Columns are now exposed, permitting users to control column settings on the storefront
- Column resizing now supports wrapping triggered by user actions
Below is the list of payment enhancements:
- Apple Pay is available to all merchants.
- PayPal Pay Later is available to merchants in Italy and Spain
- Store admin can preview PayPal Credit card and Pay Later buttons in the admin
- Braintree has discontinued the KOUNT fraud protection integration, and the Always request 3DS option has been added to the admin
PWA Studio v.12.5.x is compatible with Magento 2.4.5.
Below is the list of PWA Studio v.12.5 enhancements:
- Collect customer behavior data on the PWA Studio storefront to extend web analytics
- Merchants can select a service to deploy from the admin
Magento Open Source 2.4.5 has fixed hundreds of issues in the core code, including fixes for installation, upgrade, deployment, accessibility, etc.
You can check the full list of issues fixed here.